Learn how to access your RDS collection (remote desktop or applications) from Web URL and Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
This guide will show how to access your RDS collection (remote desktop or applications) from Web URL and Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
From the Dashboard, go to your Deployment > Details Pane:
- Click on the Web Access RDP (top) to access the RDS web server. If you want to get the exact URL, scroll down to find the web URL listed under Web Access (bottom):
- Enter your Username and Password. You will now be logging into the RDS landing page. You can log into the landing page and open your desktop/applications on any web browser.
- For example, if you deploy a Remote Desktop deployment with a RemoteApp collection, including Calculator and Paint, this is what you will see the Desktop Collection and the two applications in the RDS landing page:
Note: If you want to publish a 3rd-party application, you will need to create an EMPTY RemoteApp collection without publishing any application first, and then remote to the App Collection to download the 3rd-party application.
Click here to learn more about delivering 3rd-party applications >>
- If you want to log into the RDS session via the RDP icon, right click on the RDS session of your choice (Desktop Collection or certain app) and click “Save”. We recommend using Firefox or Chrome to easily save and locate the RDP icon. Once you save the RDP in your local device, you can click on this icon to log into your remote sessions with your credentials.
- Optional: By default, the remote connection is set to use all the monitors for the remote sessions. You can change this by right click on the RDP icon and un-check this option.
End-user Access to RDS Collections
After adding users to your RemoteApp/Remote Desktop collections. You can send them either the Web URL or the specific RDP icon to gain access to the remote sessions, both of them will lead to the specific Remote Desktop or App collection that the end-users are assigned to.
If you have any questions about this configuration, please contact us at email@example.com.