Learn how to add the desktop and applications to your Start Menu.
This article refers to the MyCloudIT Gen 2 platform, which was launched in 2015. Look for MyCloudIT Gen 3 to be launched in Summer 2020.
Instead of accessing your desktop and/or applications from the webpage (with the web URL provided in your deployment), you can add the desktop and applications to your Start Menu. This will save you time and troubles recalling the web URL every time you need to access your remote desktops/applications.
- From the MyCloudIT platform, open the Deployment’s Details Pane and copy the web access URL
- From your local device, open the Control Panel: Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > RemoteApp and Desktop Connections. Or you can search for it.
Click on Access RemoteApp and desktops:
- On the RemoteApps and Desktops screen, paste the web access URL from the Details Pane (step 1) and then add /feed/webfeed.aspx to the link. For example:
– Original link: https://mcitdemo6.autords.com/RDWeb
– Pasted link: https://mcitdemo6.autords.com/RDWeb/feed/webfeed.aspx
- Click next. Make sure that the connection URL matches with the original URL and includes the “/feed/webfeed.aspx” extension.
- Click next, and you will be prompted for the credentials used to connect to the remote desktops and remote apps:
- Your resources are added. Click Finish.
- Now, you have a new Group showing up in your Start Menu named Work Resources (RADC). You can access your remote desktops and applications via these remote resources in your Start Menu.
If you have any questions about this configuration, please contact us at email@example.com.