MyCloudIT only allows Bring-Your-Own-Azure for customers with an Azure subscription under their work or school account. However, if you do have an Azure account, but it does not belong to any of these categories, follow these steps.
This article refers to the MyCloudIT Gen 2 platform, which was launched in 2015. Look for MyCloudIT Gen 3 to be launched in early 2020.
MyCloudIT only allows Bring-Your-Own-Azure for customers with an Azure subscription under their work or school account. However, if you do have an Azure account, but it does not belong to any of these categories, follow the steps below to configure your Azure subscription.
- Log into Azure portal (https://portal.azure.com)
- On the left Menu look for Azure Active Directory, if you don’t see it click on More Services, then type “Azure Active Directory” on the filter field and click on Azure Active Directory.
- Under the Manage section click on User and groups.
- On the Users and groups view, click under the Manage section All users. Then click on + Add button on the top of the section.
- Fill out the required information for Name and User name, and provide the user name for the new user, like, @.onmicrosoft.com. (also check all the available domain names under the Azure Active Directory > Manage > Domain names). Under the Directory Role select Global Administrator.
- Check the Show Password to copy the Temporary password provided, and save it somewhere safe as you may also want to copy and save the User name provided on the previous step if you needed. Click the Create button.
- Once the user is created you will need to add permissions on the Azure Subscription level so this new user can manage the Azure subscriptions.
- On the left Menu look for Subscriptions, if you don’t see it click on More Services, then type “Subscriptions” on the filter field and click on Subscriptions.
- Click on each subscription that you want this user to manage and on the left pane for the subscription click on Access control (IAM), then click on + Add.
- On the Add access section you will need to perform 2 actions:
- Select a role, from the list select the role (we recommend to assign Owner role) that you want to give for that particular subscription.
- Add users, you may select multiple users for this role (search for user-created on the previous step). Click Select and then OK.
If you have any questions about this configuration, please contact us at email@example.com.