MyCloudIT Partners have an option to purchase from MyCloudIT or apply your own SPLA contract to acquire the RDS licenses required to access to the remote desktops/applications.
This article refers to the MyCloudIT Gen 2 platform, which was launched in 2015. Look for MyCloudIT Gen 3 to be launched in early 2020.
MyCloudIT Partners have an option to purchase from MyCloudIT or apply your own SPLA contract to acquire the RDS licenses required to access to the remote desktops/applications. MyCloudIT’s SPLA will be automatically applied in your deployment process. If you choose to Bring-Your-Own-SPLA, please follow these steps after you create a deployment.
- (Optional) If you are trying to change from MyCloudIT SPLA to your own SPLA, you will need to click the Deactivate button on the Overview section, and then continue to the next step.
- Log into the deployment with an administrator account, once inside the desktop open the Remote Desktop Client and connect to the server RDSMgmt using the same credentials.
- Open the Server Manager, click on Tools on the top right corner of the screen, go to ‘Remote Desktop Services’ and select ‘Remote Desktop Licensing Manager’.
- If the server configuration status is ‘Review’, click on the Review link and add the server to the required group. Accept the changes.
- Right-click on the server and select ‘Activate server’, follow the activation wizard by filling all the required fields with your company information.
- After completing the Activate server wizard check the option to install the licenses Wizard now. If you choose not to do it you can install the licenses later by right-clicking the server and selecting ‘Install Licenses’.
- Follow the wizard by filling your company information, if you want to apply the licenses from your SPLA contract you will have to choose the license program ‘Service Provider License Agreement’ if you prefer to use another method, choose the one that fits you from the dropdown list.
- Continue the wizard and enter the license type information, in the case of SPLA you will be required to provide your SPLA agreement or enrollment number. For more information on your SPLA contract contact your Microsoft license distributor or Microsoft support directly.
- Select the number of licenses to install in the deployment, you will need a license for each Active Directory user that will have access to desktops or remote applications.
- Finish the license activation wizard.
Can’t create the Azure subscription as “CSP Partner not found”
- Open the Office 365 admin portal and on the left pane go to Settings -> Partner Relationships. See if “Conexlink” is listed there.
- If can’t see it, please make sure that all of the following statements are correct:
- Your company location is the United States.
- You confirm the Request Reseller relationship with Conexlink and you see it listed under Partner relationships.
After confirming the relationship wait a few minutes for Microsoft to process your request, it could take about 1 minute.
If you have any questions about applying your SPLA, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.