See how to configure the Office 365 Azure AD Connect Tool.
This article refers to the MyCloudIT Gen 2 platform, which was launched in 2015. Look for MyCloudIT Gen 3 to be launched in early 2020.
This guide will show you how to configure Office 365 Azure AD Connect Tool.
- Azure AD Connect tool needs to be installed on the Domain Controller machine. Remote in the RDSMgmt server and download the newest version of the Azure AD Connect tool (for more information see here).
- After downloading the Azure AD Connect tool, open the file and agree to the license terms and privacy notice by checking the checkbox. Click ‘Continue’.
- On the Express setting view, select the Customize green button.
- On the Install required components view, check the Use an existing service account and set the required information. You will need to type a domain administrator credentials. Click ‘Install’.
- On the User Sign-In view you will need to set your desired selection of the Single Sign-On method. Each selection might add more steps and more information. We recommend using Password Synchronization or Do not configure options.
- On the Connect to Azure AD view, you will need to type your Active Directory credentials, this may be also known as Office 365 administrator credentials.
- On the Connect your directories view, you will need to enter your current deployment directory information. For more information about topologies see here.
- On the Azure AD sign-in configuration view, our recommendation is to set the on-premise attribute (in this case your on-premise will be your deployment) to be used in the Azure AD to userPrincipalName. If necessary and your domain are still not verified, you can check the ‘Continue’ without any verified domains checkbox to continue.
- On the Domain and OU filtering, leave everything as default to sync the entire directory data. You can also filter this data by only selecting the desired domain and OUs.
- On the Uniquely identifying your users, our recommendation is to leave the default settings for basic setups, of one forest, one domain, one azure AD. For more complicated setups you may other options where you will need to match your users using a particular attribute across all directories. On the user identification option in the Azure AD we recommend leaving the default option of using the ObjectGUID, the system will use this to generate an ID and use it for mapping users in the system.
- On the Filter users and devices view, you can sync all users and devices or you can specify a group.
- On the Optional features view, select any additional feature that you would like to activate. Each feature has an icon for more information on each feature.
- On the Ready to configure, you may select the Start the synchronization process when configuration completes if you want to be automatically started.
- On the Configure view, wait until the configuration is completed and click on Exit when it’s done.
If you have any questions about this configuration, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.