A quick Tutorial on Creating New Azure Virtual Desktop Deployments
Deploy full Windows 10/11 multi-session desktops or apps in minutes to provide secure anytime, anywhere, any device access for users. Use the latest innovation from Microsoft to deliver next generation Cloud Desktops and Apps at scale.
Currently MyCloudIT supports new Azure Virtual Desktop deployments with the following requirements:
- Current Template only supports New Domain Controller configuration
- Must have a clean Azure AD tenant without Azure AD Connect or Cloud Sync installed
- Must have a primary custom domain setup within the Azure AD tenant for use with automated Azure AD Cloud Sync
AVD Deployment Steps
1. From within the customer view, select Deploy > Click on Deploy for Azure Virtual Desktops
2. Fill out Basic Information for Your New Azure Virtual Desktop Deployment and Click Next
3. Define Basic Criteria for Your First Host Pool and Click Next
- Host pools are a collection of one or more identical virtual machines (VMs), also known as "session hosts," within Azure Virtual Desktop environments. Each host pool can contain an app group that users can interact with as they would on a physical desktop.
4. Fill out information for your new Domain Controller and Click Next
- The new Domain Controller will become the primary source of truth in a Cloud Sync relationship with your Azure AD tenant (see Step 5)
5. Enter Admin Credentials to automate Azure AD Cloud Sync and Click Next
- Azure AD Connect cloud sync is a new offering from Microsoft designed to meet and accomplish your hybrid identity goals for synchronization of users, groups, and contacts to Azure AD. It accomplishes this by using the Azure AD cloud provisioning agent instead of the Azure AD Connect application.
6. Confirm the Information for your new AVD deployment and Click Create
New Azure Virtual Desktop deployments will create in less than 1 hour. Make sure to keep an eye on the status both in MyCloudIT and in the new Resource Group in Azure that you created.
If for any reason you have a failure during the deployment, please contact email@example.com to help clean up, troubleshoot, and re-deploy.