This guide will show you how to submit a support ticket.
There are 2 quick and easy ways to receive assistance from our support team. First, you can chat live with us and a member of our support team will help you troubleshoot the problem and/or escalate any technical issues. Secondly, you can simply submit a ticket via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you ASAP with a response.
Before Creating a Ticket
Before creating a ticket, find out whether your problem is a known issue by checking the following resources:
- Visit the Notifications page to ensure that your deployments are operational.
- Search for existing documentation that relates to your issue.
Creating a Ticket
All MyCloudIT customers are eligible for MyCloudIT Standard Support. From the Dashboard, go to Support Tickets.
On the ticket creation screen, enter information about the issue you’re experiencing — including the service type and item that might be related to your issue as well as a detailed description — and then click Submit.
Entering Ticket Information
Ticket Category: Choosing the right issue category will help us quickly assign the issue to the right support personnel.
- Technical: Any issues related to Azure infrastructure, Windows infrastructure, Office 365 integration, etc.
- Billing: Any issues related to billing information, recent payments, refunds, etc.
- Management Portal: Any issues related to login issues, your subscription, etc.
- Others: Any issues not related to any of the above categories. This is a good place to suggest new features and request customization.
Summary: We recommend that the ticket summary be short and to the point, summing up the nature of the issue and which parts of the deployment are affected. This also allows us to quickly identify and respond to trends if multiple customers are experiencing the same issue.
Description: Provide as complete a description of the issue as you can. A good, clear, complete description can help MyCloudIT Support respond to your issue faster and more accurately, with a first response that is more likely to be a useful solution, rather than just a request for additional information. Keep the following tips in mind when you provide your issue description:
- Include the ticket numbers of related tickets, when possible to enable the MyCloudIT Support team to quickly research related changes.
- Include the exact text of any error and where it’s being displayed
- Where applicable, include the Task ID for any failed tasks, so that we can use the Task ID to help us identify the type and source of the error and immediately access the corresponding lines in the logs.
- Tell us when the issue occurred (exact time and time zone). This allows us to more accurately correlate the issue with any errors or abnormalities in your logs. If you are not sure, try to confirm the last time it worked correctly, if ever.
- If relevant, attach screenshots or logs, include the browser’s URL bar in any screenshots. Tell us the full path of the log file.
- List the steps that will reproduce the issue. Do we need any special access or permissions, or do we need to take any atypical actions, to reproduce this issue?
- Tell us what you have done to try to resolve the issue yourself. Did it change the symptoms you experienced at all? If you explain what did not work, you might keep us from trying something you have already tried. That could get us on a fruitful path more quickly.
- Describe anything that was confusing about what happened. This information can help us figure out what parts of our platform may be confusing you. This can suggest future improvements to user experience or documentation that may help straighten out the issue you are having and help other users as well.
- Finally, are there any special instructions or warnings we should keep in mind when attempting to troubleshoot this issue?
Tracking a Ticket
After creating a support ticket, you can see a new ticket on the support ticket homepage. The homepage will show all ticket information: Ticket ID, Subject, Status, and Created Date.
Once we respond to your question, you will receive an email notification with our solution or request for more information. For further communication, you will need to go to Support Tickets and follow the discussion within that support ticket. Do not respond to the email!