Learn how to back up and restore Azure VM.
This article refers to the MyCloudIT Gen 2 platform, which was launched in 2015. Look for MyCloudIT Gen 3 to be launched in early 2021.
This guide will show how to back up and restore Azure VM.
Backup VMs documentation:
Restore VM documentation:
Steps to enable Azure Backup on an Azure VM:
- Sign in to the Azure portal by going to https://portal.azure.com/
- Find the deployment’s resource group
- Find and click on the desired VM from the resources group’s resources list
- Select “Backup” on the Virtual Machine menu
- Select the option to create a new Recovery Services vault
- Click on the backup policy and customize as needed
- Enable Backup on the VM
If you have any questions about this configuration, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.