Learn how to deploy remote apps with MyCloudIT’s automated templates.
This article refers to the MyCloudIT Gen 2 platform, which was launched in 2015. Look for MyCloudIT Gen 3 to be launched in early 2021.
This guide will show you how to deploy remote apps with MyCloudIT’s automated templates. Our default options make the provisioning process quick and easy without any RDS or Azure experience. Yet, you can always customize RDS features to optimize the performance and costs as you desire.
From the Dashboard, go to Marketplace and choose the right template you want to deploy. Once you select the template, you’ll see a detailed Deployment Page to fill in the necessary information.
- You can specify the Azure subscription you want to use.
- Fill out the RDS Deployment Name and Public DNS Name (see our terms & definitions).
- Select the closest Azure data center for a low latency connection.
- Select the Time Zone.
- Fill in the AD Domain Name, AD Admin Username, and AD Admin Password.
- Choose Windows 8 or Windows 10 compatibility.
- Choose the total number of users for your deployment.
- Select the Storage size for per user.
- The Premium Storage User Profile Disks (UPDs) and Premium Storage Session Hosts will be preselected based on the number of users. We recommend Premium Storage UPDs for 60+ users and both UPDs and Session Hosts for 80+ users.
- Based on inputs, MyCloudIToffers a default recommended infrastructure which can be customized further in Advanced Options. You can customize VM sizes per RDS role and the total number of session hosts for your deployment.
If this is your first time to create a deployment, you need to fill out the Billing information: Credit Card information and Billing Address. This information is stored for later use.
Please note that your credit card will only be charged by the end of the monthly billing cycle. For the POC deployment, you can delete the deployment anytime within the first 30 days to avoid MyCloudIT license fees. You are only responsible for the Azure consumption or any additional services during the POC deployment. Your credit card is charged for the Azure usage only if you register under Conexlink’s CSP account OR already request a partnership with MyCloudIT under the Azure Subscription Management tab.
The last step for creating a new remote apps deployment is to review the deployment details and acknowledge the service agreement.
Hit the submit button when everything’s ready. Now it will take 45 minutes to an hour on average for your deployment to be created in Azure
Do you have any questions about the deployment process? You can email us at email@example.com.