To manage some RDS features in the MyCloudIT platform, the RDS agent is required.
Most MyCloudIT RDS features require the agent installed on the MSDC virtual machine. A few examples of features that use the agent to perform tasks are:
- Autoscale feature
- Add and Delete Session Hosts
- Send message to RDS users
- Update Collections configuration settings
The MyCloudIT RDS agent only needs to be installed once per deployment (not once per collection). Note: The agent is not needed for AVD deployments.
- If the installation is run again the agent will just uninstall and then reinstall the latest version.
To install the agent:
- Go to the MyCloudIT portal and navigate to Manage > Autoscale.
- In the Choose Deployment drop-down, choose your deployment. Choose any collection in the Choose Collection drop-down.
- In the top right of the screen select the AGENT drop-down then …Install.
- The "Install" option is the auto-installation process and requires no manual work.
- The "Download" option requires manual work by a system administrator
- The agent install, configuration and first run can take 10-15 minutes. Once functioning you will see the graph start reporting the number of seats in use (based on active users) and capacity.
Note: The agent is installed on MSDC under C:\MCIT_Agent and the agent log (called trace) is also in this directory. The install log is located in C: drives root.