This guide will show you how to sign up for a free account in the MyCloudIT platform to manage all your deployments from a single dashboard.
This article refers to the MyCloudIT Gen 2 platform, which was launched in 2015. Look for MyCloudIT Gen 3 to be launched in early 2020.
This guide will show you how to sign up for a free account in the MyCloudIT platform to manage all your deployments from a single dashboard. There are 2 ways to sign up: Use an existing Azure Work/School account or Create a new Microsoft Azure account and subscription under the Conexlink’s CSP account (MyCloudIT’s CSP account).
1. Sign up by creating a new Microsoft Azure account or by using an existing one
2. Accept the consent page to give MyCloudIT permission to access your data
3. Request a Partnership with MyCloudIT (optional)
4. Sign in to your account
MyCloudIT Sign Up
From the MyCloudIT website, click “Free Sign Up”. Your browser will be redirected to the Sign Up page where you can select your option.
Sign Up by Creating a New Microsoft Azure Account
MyCloudIT will create a new Microsoft Azure account and subscription under the Conexlink’s CSP account on your behalf (Conexlink is the name of our company). With this option, you can easily deploy resources in the Microsoft Cloud without having to register for an actual Microsoft Azure account. You will pay Conexlink/MyCloudIT directly for your Azure consumption, along with any other licenses or services purchased in the platform. MyCloudIT offers 10% discount in Azure consumption cost.
Please note that currently, MyCloudIT can only create new Microsoft Azure accounts for US-based customers.
- From the Sign Up page, transfer to the Sign Up page.
- Fill out the Company information and Primary Contact, click “Sign Up” button.
- After signing up, it would take a few minutes to create the subscription. Keep the tab open and you’ll receive your username and a temporary password.
- Log into the MyCloudIT platform with the provided credentials. You’ll be asked to change your password.
- After resetting the password, you will see the consent page that asks you to give MyCloudIT permission to access your data. After reading the details, hit “Accept” button. Now, you’ll be able to activate the demo desktop, and/or create a new deployment.
Sign Up by Using an Existing Microsoft Azure Account
When signing up for MyCloudIT with your existing Microsoft Work or School Account*, you can deploy cloud services in that existing Azure subscription. You are responsible for paying Azure consumption cost to whomever you have purchased the subscription from**.
- From the Sign Up page, transfer to the Login page
- Using Microsoft Work/School account to login.
- For the first login, you will have to accept the consent page to give MyCloudIT permission to access your data. You’ll also have the option to request a Partnership with MyCloudIT. This way, you can start paying MyCloudIT the Azure subscription cost along with other license fees instead of paying Azure consumption cost to whomever you have purchased the subscription from separately.
- You’ll receive an automatic email from MyCloudIT to confirm your new account. Login the platform again with your Azure credentials to activate the demo desktop and/or start a deployment.
*If your Azure account is not School or Work account, click here.
**If you want to use both your Azure account and MyCloudIT’s CSP account, read more at Azure Subscription Management.