On some MCIT deployments you may get this warning, we show you how to fix this issue
On some RDS MCIT deployments (classic and v3) you may get the warning: "The server name on the certificate is incorrect".
You can still connect by clicking "yes" however there is a way to resolve this issue (mismatch between public RDS domain and AD domain name).
Warning: This only applies if you are using the autords.com public domain for RDS. If you use your own domain name and certificate this fix DOES NOT APPLY.
Note: This tool only works for:
- Basic and standard classic (v2) deployments
- Standard v3 deployments
Warning: This tool does NOT work for:
- Domain joined classic (v2) deployments (we can manually assist with these, contact MCIT support and reference this article)
- Any other RDS deployment
Warning: Users will need to re-download the RPD file for each collection they use again from rdweb
Follow this process:
- Make sure no users are connected to RDS
- Make sure all RDS servers are on (including all gateways and session hosts and the broker)
- Log in as Domain admin account to the DC/DNS/RDS Broker server (they all must be on the same VM)
- Download the fix tool from:
- Link TBA
- Note: If this above tool is flagged as a virus allow it in your antivirus and re-download.
- Right click the tool and "run as administrator"
- Follow the prompts
- Delete the fix tool